Ed Smith has over four decades of experience in Commercial and Investment Real Estate Brokerage, Leasing, Sales, and Management. For many years he had his own brokerage firm on LI, he then served as a “consultant to the trade” and finally spent eleven years as a Regional Director for Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT before semi-retiring. Over the last 20 years, Ed has personally trained over 14,000 agents how to do commercial and investment real estate brokerage. To date he has written over a dozen continuing education courses, including the three day “Commercial and Investment Real Estate Certification (CIREC)” program. He regularly teaches for various Real Estate Boards in CT and NY; for private companies and as an Adjunct Professor at Westchester Community College.
Ed is the author of eleven books and has had over 190 articles published on Commercial Real Estate. Included are four textbooks for Dearborn Publishing, where he also “trains the trainers”. He developed instructor training materials to accompany these textbooks, which have been used to teach commercial courses throughout the United States.
He has always been active in the industry having served as:
- Past President – New York State Commercial Association of Realtors (NYSCAR)
- Director Emeritus/Past President – NYC / Long Island Chapter of NYSCAR
- Director Emeritus/Past President – LIBOR’s Commercial Network
- Former Director New York State Association of Realtors (NYSAR)
- Former Director Long Island Board of Realtors (LIBOR)
- Former Director Real Estate Practitioners Institute at Long Island University
- Former Director and Officer – Commercial Industrial Brokers Society (CIBS)
- Website: www.CRETEACH@charter.net